HERB - to Kris -- dog food

Dpesa@aol.com Dpesa at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 09:29:05 PDT 1998

<<   I haven't read Dr. Pitcairns book, but on this particular point, he's
full
 of it.  Give me a few lines to get into it.  ;)
   Rancid oils and diseased animal parts will make dogs sick.  Which means
that
 there is no profit in using them.  Yes, some percentage of ingredients are
 "lacking", but the organisations, FDA, Ag Coalition, etc., in charge  of
 monitoring foods have the same standards for pets and livestock as for
humans.
 This is one of the myths that go along with ingredients like roadkill and
 chicken feathers.  It simply doesn't happen.  I actually was told, by a
 customer, that he "knew a guy who knew a guy" who was supposedly hauling an
 entire semi full of chicken feathers for dog food.  I'm sorry.  No.  Not
gonna
 happen. No way. >>

   I just have one thing to say about this.  Read 'Foods Pets Dies For'  by
Ann Martin.  Now I have been involved in discourse with Ms. Martin and don't
agree with all her viewpoints on feeding pets, but this book is an eye-opener.
I really think Raven is mistaken in much of what she believes.  Commercial pet
food is garbage - some not as bad as others, but still not HUMAN GRADE food.

Debbie