HERB - caffeine

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 12 20:46:14 PDT 1998

Galen said:
>Rodent feces, insect parts, etc, etc.
>
>No, I'm not kidding! The FDA actually has allowances for the above
>compounds (as in maximum amounts allowed). Visit a catsup factory sometime!

Yep, when I worked on the vegetarian program at the Trinity University in
San Antonio, we were told that an industrial size can could have 20% non
food items in the can... We found this out after we discovered several
medium size pebbles (yes, pebbles) in a can of refried beans.  Scarey, huh!
I don't eat canned anything much anymore.......

Clare