HERB - Arsenic question

Nic deplazes at polarcomm.com
Wed May 13 07:58:56 PDT 1998

>Has anybody heard of the use of arsenic in pressure treating wood for use
>in outdoor structures such as decks, gazebos, porches etc. about 15 years
>ago?

15 years ago - according to a much more recent (last summer/fall) copy of
Organic Gardening, they still are.  So if you plan to make a rasied bed for
those herbs and such you better have it tested or use something else (I
think they were recommending ceder, but I wasn't really paying attention).

If anyone wants more info on this e-mail me and I can find the issue and
let you know in a little more detail what it said.

Nic/Giulia

Lady Giulia Isabella da Venezia        Nicolette Deplazes
Rudivale - Northsheild - Middle        Larimore North Dakota
Grand Forks - North Dakota