HERB - Menstrual Cramps -- the disertation

CorwynWdwd CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu May 14 20:32:38 PDT 1998

Katherine

>I'll have to look in my cupboard to find the brand.) that contains red
raspberry, Dong >Quai, & ginger

Interesting, I've had good sucess with blackberry leaf, catnip and/or ground
ivy and ginger, but of course, everybody's a little different. Could the red
raspberry leaf and blackberry leaf have similar constituients? Aside from
tannins I don't know, I just know it works. While I know you won't believe
this, my wife's cramps were so bad I felt them, and this mix taken hot helped
a lot. Please don't tell her Evening Primrose is just for PMS... it's
eliminated her cramps too, or at least been part of the solution.

We've had great sucess with herbs, proper eating (which most women, especially
teenaged ones don't do enough of) and massage

> I realize much of this post was very "non-herbal", and I apologize if I
>  have offended anyone, but I feel that this information is important to many
>  women...and I have learned just how much it is shrugged off by the medical
>  community at large.  Although the research is being done (mostly in Sweden,
>  as I recall), the nurses & physicians we deal with on a daily basis were
>  never given any instruction in it and, for the most part, have never
>  educated themselves.

I personally am not offended by any information. I was floored when I found
M.D.'s aren't required to know anything about nutrition, and find I'm less
likely to see one after ours discounted B-6 as being a help in carpel
tunnel... but he DOES have these nifty muscle relaxants..... Yea... right...

Keeping my soapbox in good repair

Corwyn.