HERB - Chinese Herbals/Doct of Sigs

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon May 18 17:33:13 PDT 1998

 Many years ago there used to be a book out called A Barefoot Doctor's
Manual, which was an excellent book on Chinese folk medicine.  I don't know
if it's still in print but I used the one I bought for many years until a
friend "borrowed" it.   You might try used book stores and such.  It was
like a herbal put out by the National Government for the rural herbalist.
Very easy to understand, etc, etc, etc... It was a very good English
translation.

Clare

By the way I alsoran across an article in an Old Herb Companion on Doctrine
of Signatures.  If someone wants to know it's found in the October/November
1991 volume and it's written by Stephen Foster.