Weight loss (was:Re: HERB - yohimbe)

Katherine Blackthorne kblkthrn at midtown.net
Tue May 19 15:57:50 PDT 1998

I grew up with living with my diabetic grandparents.  Any soda we had on
hand was diet, so that they could drink it.  Back then, it was all done
with saccharine.  One of the first drinks to contain "Nutrasweet" was
Crystal Light.  We bought some, made several pitchers, and drank them one
summer.  It was hot and Gram' started getting intense headaches, so she
drank more than usual, thinking she must be dehydrated.  Finally, the
headaches were just crippling and she got a rash......It turned out to be
the aspartame.
My friend with the Ph.D. in Microbiology from Stanford insists the stuff
causes brain damage and won't touch it.
Katherine