HERB - Mint

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Fri May 29 10:43:44 PDT 1998

Allison,

Sorry, my computer has been away for a week and a half, so this is probably a
little slow.

>How deep does the container have to be to provide enough dirt for the
>roots?  And wouldn't you have to stay home and water it instead of going
>away for long week=ends and wars?  Couldn't you just surround it with
>that black plastic edging?

I've got mint in pots from 4" up to 5 gallons.  Even the plants in the 4" pot
is thriving, but the bigger the pot, the bigger the plant will get.  I put two
small plants into a 5 gallon pot about 2 1/2 months ago, and they now have
filled the pots and one of them started sending out a runner about 2 weeks ago
that has now reached at least 15" long.  The pots go without watering for a
few days pretty often.  For Pennsic, I plan to put all but the largest pot in
pans of water.

Hope that helps a little.
Raisya