HERB - Baking Soda

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sun Nov 1 19:53:54 PST 1998

On 30 Oct 98, at 14:04, CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> I thought the buildup was like seasoning a cast iron piece... a GOOD
> thing... Was I in error?

not really ... there's "seasoning" and "crud".  i let the exterior of mine "cake
and burn", polishing it down now and again, but not enough to remove the
heavy coating ... on the interior, after every use, i scour the metal smooth
(the baking soda would be good at this level), then coat with a light coating
of oil to protect the surface from rust

the cast iron, i keep well seasoned, inside and out ....

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves