HERB - US jobs- info needed

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Fri Nov 6 06:51:18 PST 1998

Hello, folks,

A SCAdian friend of mine from S. Africa is looking for a job here in the US
as a biologist, and the following Universities have openings. Can any of
you who know these Universities give me the skinny on them?

He wrote:

>The following universities are all keen on employing someone like me:

Middle Tennessee State University
Newport University
University of Chicago
Grand Valley State University (Allendale)
Towson University
College of New Rochelle
UCLA medical school
California State University, Northridge
Virginia Polytechnic Institute
Claremont Colleges, Claremont CA
Gettysburg College
Southern Illinois University
St Lawrence University
Washington University, St Louis MO

Apart from U. Chicago and UCLA, I have never heard of any of these
places.  If have any information on any of these I'd be interested

(e.g. Towson is on the cutting edge of scientific research,
Gettysburg College is a front organisation for the the church of the
divine revelation of St. Egbert the apostate, Virginia polytech. is
hopeless but it has a great SCA group, etc.).<

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom