HERB - Good books

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Wed Nov 11 23:08:22 PST 1998

I was discussing a series of books with my son tonight, and thought I'd
mention them on this list.  If you enjoy murder mysteries or historical
fiction, run to the nearest bookstore and buy a Brother Cadfael book,
written by Ellis Peters.  The first book is set in 1138, and the series (20
novels and 1 with three short stories) progresses from there.  What does
this have to do with an herb list, you may ask?  I first heard about the
books in the _Herbal Companion_ magazine, some years ago. The main
character is a monk who is a herbalist.  According to the review that led
me to the books, the herbal research, as well as the historical feel for
the time period, is very accurate.
Unfortunately, the author has passed on, so, unless there are books
published post-humously, the series has ended.  I have certainly enjoyed
them, and have read and re-read my collection.  Enjoy.

Melandra of the Woods