HERB - Blue Balsam

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Thu Nov 12 18:39:38 PST 1998

On a long-ago topic....

>If you've got two years worth of blue balsam laying around without a
>home, you can send it right over here!!!! I've been trying to get mine
>grow enough so I can make some home-made soap. Would LOVE
> to smell like that stuff!!!!!!
>
>Phlip

Southeastern Ohio, hm?  That's a lot like our weather here.  Where are
you growing your blue balsam?  My grandmother has her patch on a sunny,
east-facing bank, with occasional watering.  Not like the white balsam,
which grows in small clumps under the pine trees, in partial shade.  The
catnip is somewhere in between - when the cats don't find it...

-Caro