HERB - soap and the Mappae Clavicula

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Fri Nov 20 13:06:27 PST 1998

Raisya wrote:

>I'm packing for an event, so I don't have time to check any of my other period
>materials today, but I'll try to remember on Monday.  Hope this helps some!

Thanks for weeding this out for me. I have read this recipe, actually,
though I've never tried to recreate it due to lack of time. I've always
wondered, though, what the wheat flour was for. The salt is certainly
to harden it, of that much I'm sure.

The MAPPAE CLAVICULA....do we know for whom it was written? A patron
perhaps or a general group of people? I know very little about the
document other than its existence.

Jasmine

PS: Have fun at the event, drive safely, and take your time. I can
easily ping you again on Monday. :)