HERB - Growing Patchouli

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 21:18:58 PDT 1998

>> 	So, I know it likes warm weather, (grew great in Florida), and it
>> should under no circumstances be considered an indoor plant.  I would
>> plunk it down in the ground away from structures (sheds, fences,
animal
>> enclosures, etc) and let it go.  Personally, I will buy the essential
oil
>> in very small doses, and count myself lucky.
>
>Hm... I've grown it indoors before, but it didn't get very big. I've
had
>mine inside for about 2 weeks now and have not yet had a problem. We'll
>see if it has the same problem in my house here in the Northeast...
>
>Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental; HERMS Cyclonus), mka Jennifer
Heise
>jenne at tulgey.browser.net
>
>"Healing the universe is an inside job."

I didn't have any problems w/ my second patchouli. Grew it indoors all
last winter. It didn't die until I put it outside for the spring and it
died in the drought - or at least I'm thinking that's what killed it.
(Like just about everything else I had outside.) I did have a friend
tell me she had gotten a patchouli plant and her comment was: "it's VERY
aromatic!" - but she didn't mention it smelling bad...hmm ...

Katerine Rowley
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
mka
Mary Temple