HERB - Redacting Porta's Eye Wash

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 06:16:43 PDT 1998

Jasmine,

In a message dated 8/31/98 5:31:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
g.walli at infoengine.com writes:

<< Porta calls for "half a pint of white Rose Water." I've already
 determined imperial measures are probably in order here, but what
 is does the "white" mean? I suspect it might not mean literally
 "roses that are white" but instead, water from roses, that is clear
 rather than pink or brown. Any one care to comment? >>

I don't know about that specifically, but I think it may mean clear rose water
or rose water made with white roses.  Red rose water in that period was for
red-colored rose water that was made from red roses, if I recall the recipes
correctly.

Raisya