HERB - Vials needed

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Fri Sep 18 15:39:09 PDT 1998

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:18:58 -0500 "Donna Walden" <dewalden at flash.net>
writes:
>I am involved with a fund-raiser to benefit a local wildlife refuge
>and we are in need of small vials, preferably plastic, but glass will
>do, much like the vials you purchase essential oils in.  We need
>approximately 350-400 of them, so they need to be very >reasonably
priced, or even better yet, free.  If anyone has any
>suggestions as to where I could locate such a quantity at a fair
>price, please let me know.
>
>Thank you for your time.
>Yvette

The first place I would look for little vials or bottles or test tubes is
the American Science & Surplus catalog.  Their order phone # is
847-982-0870.  Phone hours M-F 8am-5:30 pm central time.  They are at
3605 Howard Street, Skokie, IL  60076.  Their website & 0n-line catalog
is at www.sciplus.com.

The October 98 catalog has Clear Mini glass bottles, 1/4 oz with plastic
screw tops for $2 a dozen on p58; Bottlemania glass bottles in clear or
amber in many small sizes (1.5 ml to 100 ml) (corks extra) on p.59;
Culture tubes (look like test tubes) in glass or plastic, various sizes
on p63.

They also carry such things as mortars & pestles, pH test papers & many
other wonderful things of use to herbalists and dabblers.

Even if you don't buy anything from them, the catalog is very
entertaining reading!  Check it out!

Hertha