HERB - question-looking ahead to spring

Ligessac jcook at wingsisp.com
Sat Sep 19 12:38:21 PDT 1998

 Greetings to you all!

I'm kinda new to this list so please forgive me if I'm going off topic.
thank you.

I'd like to start looking ahead to spring, my home is on a nice 10 acre lot,
and we only tend about 2, so the rest mostly goes to weeds, and well,
doesn't look that nice.  I was wondering if there was an herb or nice
flowering plant that might take off and start filling in.  I'm most
interested in something colorful, or with a nice scent.  I would also like
to keep cost down too.  The soil is rich in clay, and we have a high water
table (impossible to have an underground basement)

any suggestions would be helpful and apreciated.

Josh Cook

Some there be that shadows kiss;
Such have but a shadow's bliss.
             -Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice, II, 9