HERB - online period medicine exhibits

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Tue Sep 22 07:00:21 PDT 1998

I apologize if this is old news to some people, but it seemed
necessary to share...

The US National Library of Medicine has a website. This comes
as a suprise to me as I never knew there even was an NLM. Needless
to say, I was quite pleasantly suprised with everything at their
site, but especially two exhibits that I thought other members
of this list might be interested in.

First, is an exhibit called "PARACELSUS, Five Hundred Years:
Three American Exhibits" located at:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/paracelsus/paracelsus_1.html

Second, is an exhibit called "Islamic Culture and the Medical Arts"
located at:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/islamic_medical/islamic_01.html

Although neither are immediately applicable to the hands-on
herbalist, the ideas and discussions at these sites, as well
as the images presented therein are of use to the person
researching the prevalent thinking in medicine, pharmacy,
and health.

Enjoy,

jasmine

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm (Metro-Detroit area of Michigan)
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim