HERB - "Hortulus" - "Lily"

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 09:04:19 PDT 1998

Jasmine,

>Now if Strabo really is describing the Madonna lily, it's a big
>coinkydink because I was just reading about that lily.

I think it's pretty certain he means the Madonna lily.  First, the Madonna
lily was very close to the rose in popularity.  And later in the rose poem,
Strabo ties the lily to the Madonna.  I've been saving the rose poem <G>.

I don't know if that helps you any or not.  I've been analyzing the poems and
comparing them to a couple of other Carolingian sources, so I've got Strabo on
the brain right now <G>.

Raisya