HERB - Struggling Gardens

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Wed Apr 14 05:14:21 PDT 1999

> How is your garden growing?

How is my garden growing? Not as well as I'd intended.

The mosquito plants already in the pots out front look
like they may make it.

Gopher purge #1, ground planted at the same time the
pots were started, appears to be starting well.

Major setback on #2 & #3 -- "helpful" neighbor appears to have
leaned over the fence to trim with a weedeater...

Can't complain too much -- wild onion crop was super-abundant,
and same neighbor's garlic has "naturalized" under the the fence
very nicely!

Otherwise, the back yard is gone completely wild in the absence
of previous tenant's dogs and if things dry off enough tonight I'll
start attacking it with a hoe -- after I finish mowing the front yard
segment that has gotten away from me as well (nagging back
injury). THEN I'll decide where to plant the rest of the seed, plants,
and bulbs on hand.

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com