HERB - sniffing plants

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Apr 29 07:15:17 PDT 1999

Jeanne de La Mer:
>There are some johnny jump ups at some nurseries that smell just delicious.
>Of course I do get weird looks as I sniff my way among the plants.  But I
>have found some wonderful scented pinks and violas that way.

Good lady, if the nursery staff is responsible for the weird looks your
direction, then they've never met a real gardener. Some customers, I
think, might be curious about someone with their face buried in a plant,
however. But, if it's any consolation, I sniff and regularly *fondle*
plants at the nurseries I frequent. In fact, it's not uncommon for me to
snag several flats of plants, pile them in an open area of the nursery,
and then decorate that area with them. As long as I don't take the plants
out of their cells/pots, the places I go to don't seem to mind as long as
I put back what I don't buy and I buy at least *something*.

Speaking of purchases....my Lord and I signed the final papers to purchase
of 1st new home yesterday. We should be moving in about 2 weeks or so.
I'd like to state at this point that my Lord has publicly resigned himself to
the fact that he will have NO back yard, other than, perhaps, enough space
to sink a fighting pell near the patio. How's *that* for an accomplishment?

*big grin*

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm
jasmine at infoengine.com or gwalli at infoengine.com