HERB - gardens, etc. and 5 favorites

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 30 13:38:13 PDT 1999

 Well, one of my favorites is (and this is conditional to what I'm
interested in at the moment *sigh* Like Jasmine, the list will be different
next week. (grin)  So many things so little time!

Stephen Foster's Herbal Renasaissance which is geared towards more modern
herbs.  i like it because he goes into great depth on chemical composition,
uses, and some discussion.

Cockayne's Leechbook.  which I get more and more interested in and less and
less time to get into. *sigh*

Can't remember the author but a book called the Web that Has no Weaver,
which is an introduction and a good explanation of the principles behind
chinese medicine.  We have a great Chinese medicine/practitioner's store
here and I got the book so I could understand what they sell and how they
view herbs.  very good and very interesting.

 I have to agree, one of my fav's.   Maude Grieve's herbal, especially the
online version. I use her a lot and is very often one of the first books I
grab.

Southern Herb Growing (or is it Gardening?)  One of my practical grow it
here in the South which I refer back to over and over and over........

 Clare

Do we have to stop at 5?