HERB - Bruise Creams

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Wed Aug 4 06:56:36 PDT 1999

Morna of River Haven asked:

>Does anyone have any good recipies for bruise creams?

Yes. (To toot sort of my own horn, TRM Rangvaldr and Arabella have been
giving mine away along with other versions from friends in our
local Herb Guild when they give baskets to Royalty they're visiting.)

>any recipies for milder versions of sports rubs or creams,

Yes, most definitely. I have two.

>As I have recently gotten back into heavy fighting this is a
>particularly relevant concern.

*grin*

I'll send them all separately so people can use them. But it'll have to
wait until my lunch hour. Big software manual writing push (my mundane
life) and I have to work on that for a while first if I expect to get out
the door this Friday to make it for Land Grab at Pennsic.

>Could someone please explain to me what a tincture is?

Forgive me if this hits too below or above the mark with regards
to your knowledge level...

Tinctures are very concentrated herbal extracts.  People like to use
tinctures because they're more potent than other forms of herbal
preparations. To make a tincture, typically a raw, fresh plant is
placed in some container where alcohol is slowly drawn through it
to extract the medicine of the herbs. Sometimes the process is
repeated to make an extract even more potent. Regardless, the end
result is herb, alcohol, and water. You don't have to use alcohol to
make a tincture (you can use vinegar too), but alcohol usually works
best.

Help? Hinder? Need more info? Just ask. I'm sure one of us here
either knows or knows someone who does! :)

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba
gwalli at infoengine.com