HERB - Herb-sic

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Fri Aug 6 14:40:37 PDT 1999

At 02:13 PM 8/6/99 -0500, you wrote:

Oh oh oh. We could do a phone conference for a class if we wanted. Maybe.

Sorry, I'm off on dream plans for including the members who can't make the trip out. Let me know when I go overboard.

I'd prefer to just use the internet relay chat server (IRC) that I run for the SCA channel.  (ABSOLUTELY NO porn, as kid-safe as I know how to make it, no sleaze-mongers, no software pirates.  Just chat, and so far all with SCA connections or themes.  Not really popular yet, mainly because it's unknown, but that's OK too.  Anonymity keeps things easier to administer.)

That would be free, and we could project the stuff on the wall if need be, so everyone could see.  (Those Toshiba TLP411U projectors are the berries.  Love that gadget.  We have over 45 of them.)

For one or another class, it would be a fine adjunct.  Might even be able to manage a web-camera setup and a web site to serve it from.  Eh, that's just geek stuff, and I already have the equipment.  Let's see if we can get the site, teachers, and support for doing this first.  So far, so good though.

Eoin Caimbeul