HERB - Woof. back. books

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Aug 24 07:01:46 PDT 1999

Well, folks, War was...interesting. Busy, to say the least.
Raisya and Christianna, it was sweet pleasure finally attaching
faces to e-mail addresses. I sincerely wish I'd had more time
to chat with you both.

Bought books. Finally picked up a copy of Hortulus. Read parts
to my husband on the drive home and he said "Oooh. Raised beds
are in period. Maybe I'll make you some of those." Far be it
from me to turn down that kind of offer. I *told* him they
were period, but sometimes he just has to see the documentation
for himself. *giggle*

Next war I'm planting an herb garden. And taking my *entire*
remedies kit, not just my personal camping kit. (BTW, to the
members of the Clan camped across from the main solar showers,
especially the kind lady running the Pepperer's Guild booth, my
sincere thanks again for the loan of your chamomile homeopathic.)

So, what's next on people's agendas? I'm going to work on two
class handouts for our local RUM session coming up. I'm thinking
about teaching my balm/ointment class again, but I was also
considering teaching a class on "icky" ingredients used in period
medicines (icky things and why some of them work and are even
still in use today).

Greetings once again from the Midrealm,

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com