HERB - Hunt's Anglo-Norman Medicine?

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon Aug 30 06:42:44 PDT 1999

With all the talk of Culpepper and Turner, it made me wonder....
I've been trying to get this book through interlibrary loan
recently. Anyone ever read Tony' Hunts 2-volume work?
The first volume specifically is the one I'm interested in:

Hunt, Tony. (Nov 1994). Anglo-Norman Medicine : Roger Frugard's
Chirurgia the Practica Brevis of Platearius. Boydell & Brewer;
ISBN: 0859914011

I'd be curious to hear what other people have to say about.
It comes reasonably well recommended, but all I know about
it so far is that its got translations of anglo-norman manuscripts.
No information if it's side-by-side or with commentary, which
is what I'd really like to know (and what I'd find most useful
for my research).

Anyone?

Cheers,

Jasmine