HERB - Herbal Soap Scents

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 12 15:18:58 PST 1999

>From what we (my new husband and I) read during our soap research, one
shouldn't use the Fragrance Oils in soap. We just made soap Friday night
(our first time) and we used cinnamon and lavender Essential Oils. (not
together - different molds.) We accidentally got more lavender oil in than
we had planned on, and it has REALLY made a difference - the cinnamon soap
is pretty much solid, the lavender is still liquid! We also goofed and
measured the canola oil by volume, not by weight. :)

As for patchouli plants, I'm on my fourth one. :) Does anyone know what ph
patchouli likes for it's water? I just found out yesterday that my spath is
probably suffering from salt burn, and now I'm curious...

Lady Katerine Rowley
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
mka
Mary K. Temple