Lye Safety (was: Re: HERB - Jasmine's one bar soap recipes)

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 11:41:13 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/14/99 2:03:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:

<<
 I don't know if this has been brought up before, but just a word. VINEGAR.
 Distilled white vinegar. Keep it nearby to help neutralize the lye if need
 be. It certainly won't help with accidental ingestion, but it may help with
 burn prevention, or at least help with the severity.

 Corwyn

    And if you happen as I do, to have some *lavender* vinegar on hand (Made
with said distilled white vinegar by a friend who didn't think the type of
vinegar mattered much....... :-( ), well, lavender oil being useful for
burns, I would imagine it would be even better!

                Ldy Diana