HERB - Ylang Ylang

RoseThstle@aol.com RoseThstle at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 13:58:50 PST 1999

In a message dated 99-02-12 01:35:25 EST, sunshinegirl at steward-net.com writes:

<< What is Ylang Ylang, (cananga odorata) and what is it good for?  I bought
 some Ylang Ylang oil, thinking that I had a recipie that I wanted to try
 that called for it.  I can't find the recipie, nor any mention of it in my
 books, at least, so far.

Ylang Ylang, unless I'm mistaken, isn't used in cooking, but great for massage
oils.  I copied a blurb from a data base:

>>Calming massage oil:
Marjoram, orange, lavender, fir chamomile, neroli or ylang ylang.

These oils will induce a deep relaxation of the tissues, muscles and joints
and re-establish a good balance of energy.

Aphrodisiac massage oil:
Cedarwood, geranium, ylang ylang, vetiver, clary sage, pepper, cistus,
sandalwood<<

Ylang Ylang smells wonderful, and does make a great essential oil.

I think I'm correct in this assumption.. it's not used for cooking

Caitlin