HERB - Antique Roses

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 23 13:19:27 PST 1999

 The Antique Rose Emporium is located in Brenham Texas.  I have gone and
purchased roses from them almost every year...... They are wonderfully
healthy roses and are worth it.

It's a treat to go to Brenham since the Blue Bell Ice Cream Plant is there
and they have free tours and free ice cream. *You know where the cows all
think they are in heaven)  (It's really good ice cream) The Abbey of St.
Clare with it's miniature horses is also there and they let you go see them.

I have bought a white china, called Ducher, an eglantine rose, a hybrid
musk called Will Scarlet,  a pink Bourbon called Louise de Brabant, a dark
apricot/pink called Archduke Joseph.  It's hard deciding what to get there
as all the roses are lovely and smell incredible.

They have a web site and a catalog that is worth the price.  I'm notroiusly
bad about remembering to post catalogs and such, but they have a web site.

Concerning Rose Rustling. they also have a web site and they do organized
rose gathering throughout parts of the US.

Hopefully, this helps...

Clare