HERB - stevia

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 14:52:57 PST 1999

>Jasmine,
>Puritan's Pride does carry stevia. Also, I found another source for you
to possibly contact. The name of the company is Vitamins Etc. They do
not have an e-mail yet, but the phone number is (888)228-9848. They also
have a catalogue they can send.  I hope this helps.  Jay
>--
I'd be very curious to know HOW Stevia works. I know some people use it
as a replacement for "sugar", but is it simply "sugar by another name"
like honey? (Honey does the exact same thing to blood sugar levels as
table sugar, except that since it's in semi-liquid form, it affects it
slightly quicker.)It's not mentioned in my copy of "Herb
Contraindications and Drug Interactions" at all...

The other one I'm looking at is Ginkgo Biloba, since I just read
something that states that there are studies that suggest it helps with
peripheral circulation. It's not mentioned in my book either...can
anyone help me with this one?

Katerine Rowley
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
mka