HERB - Re: herbal hot oil treatment

Wes & Adrienne Will wwill at intrnet.net
Sun Jul 4 22:08:13 PDT 1999

>    As for oils you can used olive, almond, peanut , safflower walnut or
>wheat germ oils.

Here's a funny one, and a warning.  My wife, Rowenna, worked at a movie
theater back in the mid- to late- sixties.  Commercial hot oil treatment
packages had just become the rage.  One of the girls she worked with
decided to make a do-it-yourself hot oil treatment, and snagged a quart of
the oil they used at the theater for popping corn.  Here's the warning part
- DON'T use coconut oil for this.  The poor kid heated the coconut gunk and
applied it to her head.  Then she tried to get it out.  Notice "tried".
The next day at the theater, she confessed that it had finally taken
laundry soap (Tide) to get the worst of it out, and that the whole
experience left her hair in sad, sad shape.

So skip the coconut oil (for just about everything I can think of - ICKY
STUFF!)!!

Eoin Caimbeul
and
Rowenna de Montacute