HERB - bloodroot Caution

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 11 18:55:16 PDT 1999

Up date on bloodroot, in case any body has gotten any ideas about experimenting.  The latest information I've just uncovered confirms my initial suspicions about the safety of this for external use.  I had fallen into trusting some generalities, when I said that I would try it. Initially I wondered how this would not be absorbed systemically if used on a skin lesion.  I've uncovered some information that says it is absorbed when used in this way.  Not only that; it is considered and extreme measure to use it at all.  I need to do some more searching but I don't think this is something that I want to mess with, at least at this point.  If anyone is interested let me know and I will keep you informed as I progress.