HERB - cordials

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at midtown.net
Mon Jul 12 18:30:06 PDT 1999

Well, I just pulled _A Sip Through Time_ off the bookshelf.  I can quickly
find 3 recepies (sp?) calling for rose petals.  One is circa 77 AD from
Pliny the Elder.  One is 100BC to 300 AD from Apicius, Cookery and Dining
in Imperial Rome.  One is 1790, London Art of Cookery.

I realize that all of these are either pre- or post-period, but it's a start.

(If you'd like more info, reply privately.)

--Katherine Blackthorne
Golden Rivers, Cynagua, The West