HERB - Ginseng

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 18:59:52 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/12/1999 3:26:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
corwynsca at juno.com writes:

> I'm really curious...I wonder if I can grow it in
>  a windowsill pot....

I know that at the Asheville Herb Festival that there were people selling the
seedlings for ginseng, as well as sassafras and a couple of other
traditionally wildcrafted plants. As I recall the suggestion was that you
plant them in woodland. As I own no woodland, I didn't get any.

All the reading I've done indicates we're talking about a slow growing shrub
or even a tree here that's hard to start from seed. I don't know if it would
take to a pot.

Corwyn