HERB - cordials

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 13 07:37:57 PDT 1999

IIRC, I've read in several places that in period the rose was a very
different species.  Something similar to what we refer to as the wild rose.
The rose of today is a hybrid, all of them.
There are some suppliers who carry what is commonly referred to as hairloom
roses.  These only date back to the 1800's though.  They might be worth
investigating as well, as they are much more fragrant than many of today's
(potpourri).