HERB - Herbs & Things:Jeanne Rose's Herbal

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at midtown.net
Wed Jul 21 19:20:56 PDT 1999

>With all this talk of htis book it makes me wonder...why have I never seen
>this book. I have never until now ever hear of it..

Many people find her offensive and have chosen not to make their living off
her.  Personally, I find her both offensive, dangerous, and USEFUL.  A
recipe in her book is the basis for the first cough medicine I've ever had
that WORKS.  Better than anything the doctor has ever given me, even the
stuff with codine.  In fact, my consort -- from another principality --
once came down with bronchitis while visiting me.  Trapped at my apartment,
it was actuall several days before we could get him to a doctor.  (I forget
why -- this was a couple years back.)  In the meantime, I made him some of
my "foul brew" to keep it from settling further in his chest and becoming
pneumonia.
It worked well enough that he asked for more.  (Coming from Storm, that's
impressive.)

--Katherine