HERB - Pennsic Plans

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jul 22 15:43:21 PDT 1999

RAISYA at aol.com writes:
>I'll be teaching The Carolingian Garden twice, on Monday at 1 and on
>Thursday at 5 at Pennsic.
	Great! Are these both the second week?

>So, who's going to be at Pennsic?
>
>Raisya

	I am!  And, I will be teaching my class "Start With The Basics:
Understanding the Common Herbs" on Wednesday the 11th at 2, and on
Thursday the 19th at 2.  It is geared towards advanced beginners.  We
cover some very common herbs (dill, dandelion, chamomile, garlic, fennel,
lavender, lemon balm, mints, parsley, rose, rosemary, sage), and talk
about their properties, characteristics, major uses, historical uses, and
we even make tea and let everybody taste each one (except garlic, I
haven't made anybody drink garlic tea ;) .
	Which reminds me, we haven't even talked about trying to do a Pennsic
get-together!  The Cooks and Distillers parties are on Tuesday the 17th,
starting at 5 PM.  I think the Herbalists should have a Tea, don't you?
How about Monday the 16th? (just as a suggestion to get the conversation
going)  We should be able to host it.  We will be in Meridian Royal, (in
fact, our royals will be sharing our kitchen facilities), and should have
the room and set up to facilitate this.  Could we do something around
3-5?  All of this is subject to change, but we CAN make it happen this
year!
	Please let me know what you think, who else is going, etc.
	Christianna