HERB - Re: dried flowers

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Jul 27 15:37:15 PDT 1999

>I know one person that took dried herbs and flowers, glued them to the
>outside of pillar candles with contact cement, and then dipped the candle
>once or twice in clear parrafin to seal the herbs in.  They looked
>beautiful.

I've done this before and it's worked wonderfully. I've also help with
a wedding/feast (SCA) where pressed and dried wildflowers were
scattered over tables as part of the decorations to cover the paper
that was taped over them (you know, those big rolls of stark white
taped underneath church-style coffee tables). This was absolutely
stunning. It might also be a way to dress up an A&S display. Use
the herbs and flowers in your presentation and also put some on a
piece of poster board upon which you set your entry.

jasmine
gwalli at infoengine.com

PS: If anyone from the list has been trying to contact me privately,
our company e-mail was seriously knocked out and damaged with the
tornados and thunderstorms that hit Michigan over the weekend. My
mail is now slowly trickling in, but if you think you've sent me a
message that bounced or you've not received an answer from me,
please do feel free to send your message again.