catnip and valerian, was Re: HERB - Re: Sleep Aids

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Wed Jul 28 10:30:08 PDT 1999

 Kathleen  Wrote:
 But even catnip is only active on about 80% of cats.

> This and lots more is in an article on catnip in Economic Botany in the
> 1980's--including the results of testing every cat in the zoo (lions
,tigers,
> lynxes, pumas, bobcats, margays, jaguars ....)with catnip--yes, they
mostly
> repond!
> And the age at which kittens generally start reacting, and the chemistry
of the
> active ingredient and..

Intresting stuff I Just happened to remember I had a cat that was very
turned on to catnip.  But as I recall the more I used it the more immune she
became until she did not react at all.
I don't reacall all the specifics it was a long time ago. Lynette