HERB - Fw: Re: A matter of herbs

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Jun 2 07:36:34 PDT 1999

Can we help this gentle?
Christianna

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Gryphon's Moon" <kimberly at gryphonsmoon.com>
To: Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:35:54 -0400
Subject: Re: A matter of herbs

Christy-

This is a post I got from someone who had seen my web page on making
rose petal beads. Can you help him, or offer any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Kimberly/Margritte

>Mi'Lady,
>
>Hello from Australia. I am with a living history group in Brisbane,
>Queensland,
>Australia (boy, what a mouthfull!! called "Raefan". At the moment, I
>am in the process of defining my persona. I am a late tenth century
>Viking, and would like to either be a trader or healer.
>
>To be a trader is very cost inhibitive, and I think to be a healer
>would be a definate advantage to the group (and to any other
>re-enactors at any of our "Things"). I suppose now would be a good
>time to tell you that, in 20th century, I am a qualified Naturopath,
>and Herbalist, and am setting up my own clinic ("Beltane Natural
>Health".....just thought I'd give myself a bit of free promo). I was
>wondering if there is a healer in your group who could help me find
>what herbs were available to the Scandinavians in the 10th C and if
>they have an email address so that we may co-respond?
>
>If not, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions
>regarding herbal remedies, or if you're a herbalist yourself, please
>contact me so that WE may co-respond.
>
>Oh, yeah. I found your address at;
>http://www.mtsu.edu/~kgregg/dmir/14/rose_beads.html
>and really liked your article.
>
>Thank you for your time.
>
>Yours Sincerely, Mark Rotteveel aka Snorri the boneless (Healer and
Wimp!)

****

Good Snorri-

Wow! Sounds cool. I'm not familiar with your re-enactment group, but
it sounds great.

I'm not a herbalist myself, just someone who has an abundance of rose
petals every year, and has to do something with them  :-)

I'm sending your post to a friend of mine who is in the same medieval
re-enactment group that I'm in. She's much more knowledgeable than I
am, and hopefully can point you toward some good resources.

Good luck.

-Kimberly  (Margritte of Ravenscroft)