HERB - soaps

Sara Bairrington katri4684 at surfree.com
Fri Jun 4 09:53:49 PDT 1999

At 12:34 PM 6/4/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Ok I know this isn't a soap list but.......Thought I could get help here.
>
>I am looking for a recipe for Lavender soap that will help acne. I am not
>sure if I should use animal fat/tallow  or vegetable oil. I do know I
>need to use the flowers and lavender oil. What about an astringent in it?

An excellent Acne facial is made in a two-part treatment.  Steam is used to
open the p ores and then a lotion is applied to cleanse the skin.  The
antiseptic and anti-nflammatory herbs that are added to the steam help to
combat the symptoms of acne.

INGREDIENTS

5 drops tea tree oil
25 ml rosewater
25 ml distilled wich hazel
10 g dried lavender flowers
10 g dried yarrow flowers
10 g dried elderflowers
water

1.  Combine the tea tree oil with the rosewater and witch hazel to make an
astringent lotion.

2.  Mix the lavender, yarrow and elderflowers in a basin and pour boiling
water over them.

use the boiling water with the flowers in it as the steam.  Drape a towel
over the head and basin and steam the face for 5-10 minutes, then cleanse
with the lotion.  Repeat once a day.

>From "Home Herbal, A Practical Family Guide to making herbal remedies for
common ailments" by Penelope Ody

In service,