HERB - Ticks, what to do....

Moonshadow doroket at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 09:34:56 PDT 1999

Hello everyone, I hope this site will help you all to
be better prepared to handle the situation if it
should come up.  Here in TN. the ticks are abundant,
unfortunately.  Take care everyone at all your outdoor
activities.  The doctors say the only bug repellent
that works to keep away ticks is anything with deet
in it.  Some people find this objectionable, as for
me, I do not want to *ever* take a tick out anyone
again.  Last night was horrible, the d----d thing held
on tenaciously even after death.   We were on our way
home from him hauling hay, 11:00 pm when he found it,
alive and kicking lodged in the bone area behind the
ear.  Stopped at a supermarket, bought vaseline,
applied liberally, it was dead in a matter of seconds.
We were able to get home and follow the guide lines
for removal.    Love you all,  Dorothy 8^)

 URL=http://www.uri.edu/artsci/zool/ticklab/Ticks.html