HERB - Here's the Soap reciper ....

Kathleen Keeler kkeeler at unlserve.unl.edu
Tue Jun 15 05:38:29 PDT 1999

After all the soap recipes, I have to ask this:
I'm off to the War of the Lilies tomorrow and gradually I am working toward
making it a Medieval experience.  Or at least not obviously modern.
So:  what would my persona --Norman England, 1199 (King Richard just died, Long
live King John!)
use for shampoo?
Just any bar soap?
How my hair looks is not an issue:  ladies of my status don't show their hair
to any but their husband--once I'm out of moderns my hair is covered all week.
So in a way shampoo is irrelevant, but its one more step
to thinking about the Middle Ages all week.
Hmmm, they didn't have terricloth towels either...
Agnes