HERB - lavender

Paul Gieri dragon at lemoorenet.com
Wed Jun 30 03:04:49 PDT 1999

Bjmikita at aol.com wrote:

> You have to remember the people who said lavender likes full sun were talking about English climate.  I live in Arkansas and couldn't get lavender to grow for me until I planted it in light shade for the afternoon.  I use the provence variety, the munstead just kept dying.
> Jeanne de la Mer

Hello All,

I live in California's Central Valley.  In the summer temps of 110 are
not uncommon.  Humidity is usually almost nonexistant.  I have a french
lavender and a species type.  The french is about 5' tall and at least
as wide even though my husbands dogs have completely exposed the roots
on one side.  The other one is spreading.

I don't know what this means but thought I would pass this on for
whatever it is worth.

Ginger