HERB - Seeking Advice

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 17:30:30 PST 1999

Be careful with clay pots - they dry out really bad here in Austin
during the summer. The past several summers that I've used clay pots I
had to water twice a day - the plastic pots only needed it once a day.
Perhaps try "sealing" the clay pots. My plastic pot of mint is almost
overflowing - it would be if I weren't aggressively pinching it back!

As for where to buy - Howard Nursery on 2222 between Lamar and Airport
is my current favorite.

Lady Katerine Rowley
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra

>Any suggestions on types of pots and plants to get me started again? I
know
>some plants grow better in clay pots and others grow better in plastic.
Any
>suggestions will be helpful since I am starting all over from scratch.
>BTW,  I am in Austin so plants that can take the heat would work best.
If