HERB - Dear Raisya and other Ansteorrans

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 10:31:19 PST 1999

Henri and Antea,

No, I haven't had much luck with lavender here, just outside Houston, but it
wasn't the dry weather in August that was the problem.  I've successfully
gotten lavender plants through that period a couple of times.  What I
encounter is something I'm told is called "cotton root rot".  Even lavender
plants in pots all seem to eventually succumb to it.  I haven't found any good
suggestions for treating this.  Most Mediterrean herbs do very well here, and
many others just need careful watering or a bit of shade.

Raisya