HERB - A Doctor's Humor

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Thu Mar 25 15:36:39 PST 1999

I received this e-mail from a Doctor friend of mine.  She knows that we sell
herbs and stuff so she forwarded this little thing our way.  I thought that the
list might enjoy this.

 A patient says: "Doctor, I have an ear ache."

The physician's response over history would be like this:

2000 B.C.- "Here, eat this root."

1000 B.C.- "That root is heathe, say this prayer."

1850 A.D. - "That prayer is superstition, drink this potion."

1940 A.D. - "That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill."

1985 A.D.- "That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic"

2000 A.D. - "That antibiotic doesn't work anymore, eat this root!"

                                  EVERYTHING EVOLVES

Henri and Antea
Kingdom of Ansteorra, Barony Stargate
Purveyors of fine herbs and spices