HERB - shoes and my feet post-feast

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon Mar 29 09:03:47 PST 1999

Prydwen wrote:

>Never, ever try to do a feast in anything but your most comfortable shoes,
>with arch supports.  ;-) It is mandatory that ALL feast kitchens only use
>concrete flooring, with the thinnest layer of tile over it.  Anyway, that's
>all I've found out there in 15 years or so.

Good god, why doesn't anyone tell you this? This is IMPORTANT!
I sit at a desk all day. I don't walk around but for ergonomics breaks.
My exercise walking shoes for the gym seemed like such a perfect
solution to what to wear. Bad bad idea. No one warns your about how
your feet will feel after this abuse. No one.

Now, just to keep this on an herb related note, what would be the best
kind of herbal foot soak for something like this? Peppermint and salt
water? I still have minor cramps from all the standing, even though
it's now the Monday after. Without someone to give me the foot rub
I so desperately crave, I was just thinking of a lovely soak. Other
herb options would be welcomed and my brain is shying away from
anything that looks like food... :)

Jasmine