HERB - Period poisons

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Sun May 16 23:05:17 PDT 1999

Greetings!

No, I'm not planning to do anything drastic!  I was talking with my
husband concerning the movie "Elizabeth", and we were wondering if there
was any real contact poison that would produce the symptoms seen in the
lady-in-waiting that was killed by a contact poison saturated in one of
the queen's gowns.  Then, we wondered at which poisons were used in
period, and when.  Could anyone help me with information, or a link?  We
only came up with aconite, belladonna, and arsenic, and my
half-remembered sources were weak at best.  Thanks in advance.

-Caro (great movie!!!)