HERB - Period poisons

Milo Smith & Assoc. huntley.smith at gte.net
Mon May 17 09:31:35 PDT 1999

Subject: Re: HERB - Period poisons

>Foxglove, the young leaves in a salad, and the seeds in bread or sprinkled
>over just about anything.  Foxglove is hard to judge.  Some people would
need
>a whole lot and some people would need just a little.

I am not sure why we are having this discussion...........

Foxglove contains digitalis.  It is a drug that is currently in use under
the trade name Lanoxin.  In heart patients, the simplistic definition is
that it slows and steady's the heart.  I cannot give it to my patients if
their heart rate is below 60 beats per minute.

Oleander, when burned gives off a toxic smoke.  That is one reason why you
never see it planted anymore, here in Trimaris on public lands.  People used
to cut them down and burn them in their beach bonfires and people flat died
as a result.

I have to point out that I am a bit uneasy with discussions of things
harmful.
Only in the sense that I might, if only in the peripheral be a party to
anothers harm...
Lady Blessings
Sabella
burning thunder